Thursday, January 13, 2011

Two Words.....

Ughh.. Okay.. So how many times.. does it happen.. we’ve all be there.. I mean we are in Starbucks.. they call out our order..



“…Lightly Squeezed, High Pulp, Low Fat Orange Juice with a hint of mint for…… Sissy Debut..”



And then WHAM..



People just STAMPEDE over to my table.. wanting pictures, hugs and to poke and prod around my body.. !!!


All this is FINE with me... because you don’t walk around looking like a Tranny all the time without expecting people to look….. and small children to ask their parents.. “Mommie why is she SO tall..” to which I kindly bend down and smile to say..


“Because she LOVES Jimmy Choo…… and she’s Big Bird’s cousin”..


God I LOVE children.. (really I do.. they are SOOO honest)


But anywho.. back to me..


People ask for advice.. they want tips… information. They want to know what to do, how to make it, how to make their lives as WONDERFUL as mine.


And for them I have 2 words..


YOUR FRIENDS…!!!!!!!!


You need friends! And you need the kind that are SUPPORTIVE, TALENTED, FUNNY, INSPIRING, BOLD, BRAVE and even CONNECTED..


The old saying “you are only as strong as the people you surround yourself with” is an OLD SAYING for a reason.. because it’s TRUE..


So if you are trying to succeed at ANYTHING.. take a look at who you’ve got around you.. are they lifting you up or are they bringing ya down…??


Most of my DEAREST and CLOSETS friends also double as Dress Makers, Photographers, Producers, Session Players, Make Up Artists and just general INSPIRATION… and they were friends first.. their talents just happened to be a SCORE!!! And I would do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING for them and them for I (and we have)… and I foster those relationships RELIGIOUSLY..


So REALLY think about the people you allow in your circle … REALLY try to incorporate new and affirming people into your life and NUTURE those connections.. before you know it.. you will have a team of peeps that can have you ready for the red carpet in less than 10 minutes. You’ll have peeps that will not only TELL you, you’ve got nasal projection visible… but the BEYATCHES will reach up there and get that mess OUT for you!!!..


LOL…


Smooches..

Sissy Debut

No comments:

Post a Comment